Monday, January 7, 2008

"There is no tomorrow"

With only 34 days until the Geelong 70.3 and 84 days until Ironman OZ there are now no excuses as to the effort that is to be put in to my training.
What you miss today can't be replaced tomorrow - easy - don't miss a beat for 85 days as this is when the results come. After a mug of my favorite liquid today (Coffee) with a fella who is as hardcore and disciplined as they come mentioned to me that 'I ain't seen nothing yet' in terms of the hurt & pain as the month of Feb is going to bring to me got me thinking - use these days as if there is no tomorrow. Train like you have never trained before, be as disciplined in terms of technique as I can, stay right on the money in terms of my zones (they are there for a reason), stay focused on the job at hand and allow no distractions (when & where possible) - This will equal the result that I'm after - NO QUESTIONS ~! As we all know, this sport can become very selfish and a great partner is needed - I'm lucky to have Jess at my side who will support me through 85 days of mental & physical pressure 100%
I have just about got my body right and touch wood, the injuries stay away. I have booked in to see all the people who will maintain my body and keep it straight all the way through until PT MACQUARIE on Sunday April 6th.~ No stone must be left unturned.
I know there is a group of us at ETPA who will be taking the same attitude into there chosen races over the next few months.
From now until then - "THERE IS NO TOMORROW"
Caff

No comments: